WATERLILY™ : ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE TO REMOTE ANCHORAGES
Resources to Protect
- Coastal bodies of water are areas offering both high value usage (tourism, pleasure boating, etc.) and natural resources (protected species and habitats).
Conflicts in usage double the safety risks:
- The safety of pleasure boaters at remote anchorages in bad weather.
- The safety of other users (windsurfers, divers, etc.).
Pressure from various usages is as strong as
- the sensitivity of the environment is high (protected species and habitats) such as Posidonia meadows that are the source of nourishment for fauna (juvenile fish)
- tourism representing a significant financial impact for coastal communities.
The primary impacts of remote anchorages on bodies of water and oceans
- mechanical action on the ocean floor by boat anchors
- physico-chemical impact: changes bodies of water due to ship's trash, grey and black water and bilge waste
To apply legislation issued by Grenelle de la Mer dated June 2009, the government created Zones de Mouillages et d'Equipements Légers (ZMEL), areas for light craft anchorages, to help communities protect anchorages along their coasts from:
- Degradation of the natural environment;
- Scraping the ocean floor by anchor chains.
For protecting endemic species, light anchorages are the answer for coastal managers. To meet this requirement, ACRI-IN offers an optimized solution, WaterLily™ (star shaped floating platform on an articulated piling):
- Completely removable seasonal installation: the environment is returned to its original condition
- The piling is an effective solution against scraping: preserving meadows
- A single secure anchorage point for several boats: increased anchoring density
- Services: waste collection (gray water, black water, etc.), shuttle service, weather, various info, etc.
- The platform sways with the wind and allows the structure float to the rhythm of the waves;
- Unlike chained systems, WaterLily™ does not stiffen up;
- The hydrodynamic constraints of the wave are always cushioned.
It can be used many times over.
It makes for a comfortable, safe anchorage.